Thank you 2018.
Another year has closed and another year is beginning. I always find it encouraging to reflect on the year gone by to remind me just how much I have achieved before I charge head strong into the next year! Relaxed Birthing has gone from strength to strength in 2018 and had so many highs that I want to share and say a big thank you to all my clients that I have had the pleasure of working with.
So, what have I been up to?
I have continued to see clients at Nurture 4 Life in 2018 which I have loved. I have been here supporting women who are trying to conceive using the Fertile Body Method, women and couples during pregnancy for hypnobirthing and postnatal mums working through birth trauma. I’m looking forward to doing so much more of this in 2019.
I have run more hypnobirthing courses in 2018 than ever before which is fantastic! Hypnobirthing and birth preparation are my love and passion and I feel honoured that I get to do so much of this.
I started to work with The Baby Journey to offer a bespoke hypnobirthing bolt-on course for their antenatal course couples. These essentials courses were specifically designed by me to perfectly compliment the awesome antenatal classes that The Baby Journey offer. I love these courses and am so happy to be offering them. January, February and March dates are already taking bookings for 2019.
2018 has seen me work with well over 300 parents-to-be – and I have loved every second!
Other highlights include:
- In November I qualified as an NLP practitioner to enhance the fertility support and hypnobirthing courses that I offer – I NEVER stop looking for opportunities to enhance my practice and offer my clients the best possible birth preparation. I take this seriously and take every opportunity to learn more and attend study days and courses.
- My first study from my PhD research was published in a Midwifery journal (I am now working on getting the second paper published).
- I was asked to speak at the Chapel Spa Cheltenham Mum-to-be event about pregnancy wellbeing.
- Relaxed Birthing was a finalist for the second year running in the ‘Best Childrens’ Business’ category of The Muddy Stiletto Awards.
- I was nominated for an NCT Stars award. This meant the world to me. Whilst I didn’t win, I was completely overwhelmed and appreciative of the kind words that accompanied the nomination (thank you to whoever took the time to nominate me):
“Yvonne was an excellent leader for our NCT group. She was incredibly welcoming, empathetic and thorough. She answered everyone’s individual questions and was able to help people who wanted to talk about their personal problems too. Yvonne provided us with lots of time to work as groups, which made our group relationships strong. This environment meant it was easy to build relationships with the other couples, and we are all good friends now. Yvonne also talked about her own experiences when she was at NCT classes, and explained how the support network you can offer each other is invaluable. She placed a real emphasis on the hope that although we only had a number of classes together, the friendships we made could be built on and last forever.”NCT Stars nomination
Wow! I often say that I love my job and have the best job in the world and I really mean it. I have enjoyed every minute of working with my lovely clients. Thank you to every single person that I have come into contact with this year. Whether that is a single session or support throughout your whole pregnancy – thank you.
What is 2019 going to bring?
I can already share that I begin some additional (and very exciting!) training in January which I am really excited about and will give me even more skills to use with my clients. I can also share that private Hypnobirthing courses will be available in Stroud and the surrounding areas in 2019 – this is a very exciting addition to Relaxed Birthing! Get in touch if you’d like to know more.
If you would like to be a part of the Relaxed Birthing family in 2019 then get in touch! I have a free hypnobirthing taster session coming up very soon and hypnobirthing classes all starting again in January to get 2019 off to a great start!
I am really looking forward to what 2019 will bring!